Law 122: new obligations to create social housing

Bill 122 is now available for consultation. You can therefore consult the final text here.

This Act increases the powers of municipalities, particularly in the area of social housing.

Under the Act, municipalities will be able to require developers to include social housing in their development projects, to make cash payments or to transfer immovables to allow for the creation of such housing units. These conditions will be imposed upon application for a residential building permit.

The by-laws of the municipality will have to determine the rules of calculation and the modalities for the creation of social housing.

If you have any questions regarding Law 122 or social housing, do not hesitate to contact the Beauregard Attorney team .