Me Sarah Godolphin
Me Sarah Godolphin
(514) 844-6250, ext. 222
Sarah Godolphin works mainly in the field of municipal law. Her mandates concern urban planning, zoning, land use planning, the environment, municipal taxation, expropriation and real estate law.
- She analyzes the urban planning by-laws (zoning by-law, urban plan, land use and development plan, acquired rights, minor exemption, specific construction, alteration or occupancy proposals for an immovable, conditional uses and others) and gives opinions on the compliance of the regulations applicable to buildings.
- She represents clients before municipalities or courts of law for the recognition of acquired rights to a use or construction (gas station, short-term rental, parking, garages).
- She monitors the adoption of new regulations affecting land use planning and zoning changes.
- She participates in cases concerning agricultural land protection and mining law.
- She participates in several appeals to request the review or nullity of decisions taken by government agencies in urban planning.
- She advises and represents expropriates in expropriations undertaken by municipalities, cities, the Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources or other government agencies.
- She advises her clients with regards to issues of neighbourhood disturbances, servitudes (right of passage), and latent defects.
As part of her practice, Sarah advises clients on various contentious and strategic issues, including those relating to the verification of compliance of uses with municipal by-laws, rezoning, requests for minor exemptions and PPCMOI (special projects of construction, modification or occupancy of a building), acquired rights and compensation following an expropriation.
Sarah joined the professional team of Beauregard Avocats after completing her articling at the firm.
She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Civil law (LL.B.) from the University of Sherbrooke. Athlete at heart, Sarah was a student athlete and captain of the Women’s Varsity Swimming team at the University of Sherbrooke (2016-2019), was the co-president of the Athletes’ Committee (2017-2019), was a member alongside members of the University’s administrative board of the organizing committee for the Annual Fundraiser event for the Vert et Or athletes, as well as being a member of the Sports Law Committee in her faculty (2018-2019).
She is a member of the Canadian Bar Association and the Young Bar Association of Montreal. Sarah speaks both French and English daily and will gladly serve you in both.
- Called to the Quebec Bar in 2021
- Bachelor of Laws, Université de Sherbrooke, LL.B., 2019
© 2020 Tous droits réservés | Beauregard Avocats